Using the Palmfarm Mobs program
The main screen
This is what the main screen looks like with some data
Adding a mob
- Tap the "New" button on the main screen.
- Give your new mob a name, make sure it is unique
Optionally assign a stock unit value.This is the number of standard units the individuals in the mob represent at any given time.
- Select the species for the mob/herd.
Adding mob events
Use events to record anything that happens to the mob such as
purchases, sales, deaths or treatments.
- Tap the events column on the main screen for the mob you wish to record.
- Choose "New" from the next screen and a screen like this will appear.
- To change the event date tap on the date at the top of the screen
- Choose what effect the event is going to have on the mob tally
For example if the event is recording a sale then the effect will be subtract.
- Enter the number of animals involved. This can be done by using the
graffiti writing area at the bottom of the screen or by tapping on the numeric buttons.
- Write a comment for the event. The top small triangle at the right will trigger
a list words for you to choose from while the lower one will trigger a list of paddocks.
Isert a word or a paddock by tapping on it in the list.
- Tap the "Done" button to return to the event list.